SUMMER EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY - 2 Positions
Under the direction of the Recreation Committee, the summer students will assist in the development and implementation of the summer recreational soccer program for approximately 650 players.
Duties include: Assist in the organization of the competitive youth soccer program, 12-14 teams. Assist in the recruitment of volunteer coaches. Assist with local tournaments and clinics. 0rganize activities and games for "game" nights for U8 and U10. Clean and maintain the soccer shed, balls and equipment. Scheduling of referees for House League and be a member of the Recreation Committee.
- Deliver or assist with U8 academy training (minimum 2 hours/week/group)
- Travel with U8 to HDSA “jamborees”
- Development/refinement of weekly programs for all Mini/Recreastional (U4-U17)
- Work closely with administrator/summer student on feasibility of programs
- Oversight of program and resources for all mini coaches
- Help coaches develop proper warm up and practice plans
- Enhance and modify house league coaches binder
- Check in and support each house league coach weekly
- Member of the recreation committee and help recruit coaches for house league
- Have back up activities designed and in place for nights with low numbers
- Be present each night of house league
- Help summer student design and implement ‘game’ nights for U8 and U10
Qualifications: Successful applicants will possess the following: Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, self motivator, enjoy working with people, background in athletics/soccer (coaching an asset), basic computer skills, and flexible hours (evenings and possibly some weekends).
This is a full time 35 hrs/week position from May 6th, 2019 to August 9th, 2019. Possibility of renewal in future summers. Salary will be based on experience and qualifications. Candidates must be enrolled or have completed the level “C” coaching course. While this is considered part-time employment, candidates understand that the position is “front-end loaded” and night and weekend work is essential.
Send letter of application and résumé (with 3 references)
by March 23rd, 2019 to: Antigonish Celtics Soccer, PO Box 1182,
Antigonish, NS B2G 2L6, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Not all applicants will be interviewed.